Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Old Friends

My Mom has a friend that she has known since they were both 3 years old! I think that is so cool.

Sadly her friend, Jacquie, had a stroke last year and is struggling right now to regain her speech. Other than that she seems to be recovering very well. Mom has been spending more time with her recently helping her get back and forth to her therapy sessions. I personally think it has been very good for their friendship.

Jacquie came to Mom & Dad’s on July 4th and had dinner with us. It was good to see her. Here is a picture of the friends that have known each other for about 64 years!!! (Jacquie is on the left and Mom is on the right)

3 comments:

StaceyC4 said...

Old friends are truly the best friends. My friend Lisa and I have been friends since birth - our dad's worked together and met when we were infants so while no where's near your mom's status, we're looking at 39 years for us and whenever we get on the phone, it's like we just saw each other yesterday! And yeah for your mom for still being there and helping out in a difficult time!

Roo said...

We moved around a lot until I was 8 years old. However, that was almost 39 years ago. I have one friend that I'm pretty good about keeping in touch with and like you when we see each other it's like it was just yesterday that we saw each other.

Annie said...

Neat! We live in a world where that is so rare these days. Most of my friends I have known for over 15 years. There is one who I've known since I was 16 - that's a long time in dog years :)