Monday, July 27, 2009

Manassa Pioneer Days Parade Grand Marshal

I wanted to wait and write this post when I had the picture(s) available, but I also want to put this in for Lori's Perfect Moment Monday. So I'll write the post and then add the picture when I get home later tonight.

My Grandfather, Cletus T Rogers, is 95 years old. He was born and raised in Manassa, Colorado. This year for the annual Manassa Pioneer Days Celebration, he and his friend Bill Allen served as the parade Grand Marshals. We were all excited for him. It was an honor for him. He and Bill are two of the few surviving members of the Class of 1932.

Thank you to those that made it possible and honored these two men, especially my Grandpa.



Bill Allen is in the back seat and Cletus, my Grandpa, is in the front seat.

3 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

That is amazing. Congratulations to your grandfather and to Bill.

Wow!

Annie said...

How special! Make sure and post a pic!

Suzanne said...

I'm sorry that we missed seeing that! Thanks for sharing the story & pictures.