This is not the type of book you sit down and read. This is a book which you create as you go throught it. It is truly intriguing. I filled in some pages and then put it away when I moved around and forgot about it. I came across it the other day and thought it would be fun to share it here.
The first chapter of the book is HOW TO USE THIS BOOK. One topic is THREE WAYS TO BEGIN:
- FLIP THROUGH THE CHAPTERS. WHEN A LIST IDEA POPS OUT, GO THERE. CHOOSE THREE TO SEVEN TOPICS THIS WAY AND START LISTING. OR ...
- ATTACH AT RANDOM, SKIPPING HERE AND THERE. THEN MAKE YOUR OWN COMPOSITE. OR...
- START FROM PAGE ONE AND MOVE SEQUENTIALLY THROUGH. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH ORDER.
Write the answers in the book slowly, honestly. Keep it personal, confidential, and always write whatever comes to mind first. Try not to get stuck in your head.
Based on some of the lists the authors have created, this is the kind of book you should carry with you.
WHEN TO USE THIS BOOK:
- On your travels
- Big birthdays
- Upon Waking
- During career moves
- At the outset of marriage
- When you are troubled
- At parties
- Standing in long lines
- When you are overwhelmed
- When you feel stuck
- When you forget your purpose in life
- Before bed
The chapters cover different aspects of our lives:
- Daily Life
- Men and Women
- Greater Truths
- Growing Up
What I would like to do is share some of these list ideas with you from time-to-time.
So, to start, here is the first one:
Under the topic of YOURSELF - LIST THE PLACES YOU GO IN YOUR MIND WHEN YOU WANT SOME PEACE AND QUIET.
These answers are for you, but if you want to share, feel free to leave your ideas in the comments.
I hope you enjoy this.