Tuesday, December 14, 2010

For My Crafty Friends

A friend of mine forwarded this to me in an email.  I thought it was pretty cool so I thought I would post it here.


Here is a money saver.


Don't throw out your old magazines, do some green crafting with them. Having a lot of patience and time you can create this amazing-looking multi-looped gift bow. Magazines have never been so crafty until now.
Materials:
  • 1 magazine page (or 8 ½ x 11” paper of your choice)
  • Small hole punch (or a sharp object for poking a small hole)
  • 1 metal brad
  • Scissors
Steps:
  1. Cut across the magazine page to make nine 3/4 to 1 inch strips. 


     
  2. Start with one strip and make a loop at one end.


     
  3. Turn the strip and make a loop at the other end.


     
  4. Use the small hole punch (or sharp object ~ be careful!!) to make a hole through all 3 layers of paper. 


     
  5. Place the brad through the hole. 


     
  6. Repeat with the remaining 8 strips. (I find it best to hold the prongs of the brad between my teeth while I loop the next strip, but do whatever works for you.) 


     
  7. Open the brad to hold all the strips in place. 


     
  8. Attach your finished bow using double sided tape. 


     

2 comments:

Tom and Sue said...

WOW!! Very cool, and creative...just can't imagine actually MAKING all my bows...don't have the patience! Have you tried this?

Roo said...

No... I haven't tried it. I just thought it was cool and had to share.