Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Beauty That is COLORADO

Saturday evening I was suddenly struck with "I HAVE TO GET AWAY FROM THE CITY" and needed to go for a drive... gotta clear the head. So, I headed west/southwest out of town and ended up taking a little road that I've always wondered about. I turned on the Foxton Road. I didn't know if it would only take me to a certain point and I'd have to turn around, or if it would take me to another place on the other end. I decided to find out though.

So I drove... down, down, down... It was a small, narrow, two-lane road. I finally ended up coming to the South Platte River. It was a beautiful evening and I just happen to have had my camera with me. I decided this was going to be a picture taking adventure... I hadn't done that in a LONG time. So I headed southeast along the river. The road was now a narrow, dirt road and very little traffic. When I saw a view that interested me, I stopped and snapped a few shots.

All in all it was a very nice evening and I did feel somewhat better when I got back to town.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.
P.S. The road lead me through the hills and around to the south of Denver. BEAUTIFUL DRIVE.








1 comment:

Heather said...

I have looked at these pictures a few times and thought they were breath taking. I love that the water looks almost emerald against the coolest rocks ever ( in the last picture)
When I have to clear my had- I want to drive down here!